The Robey and The Robey Hall

Chicago, Illinois

Pepper redeveloped the landmark Northwest Tower, the Hollander Fireproof Warehouse Building and two parcels of the Hollander Building into The Robey Chicago Hotel and The Hollander Hotel and Hostel.

Built in 1929, the art deco, 203-foot tall Northwest Tower was the first high-rise built outside Chicago’s downtown area. It was originally designed as an office building, and the transformed Robey now features 69 light-filled guest rooms, while The Hollander, built in 1905 as a furniture storage warehouse, offers a mix of 20 private and shared rooms. Both have significant food and beverage options throughout the interior and exterior spaces.

The exterior work included the restoration of the facade of the two existing buildings with rooftop enclosures and a rooftop pool on the Hollander building.

Pepper self-performed demolition, drywall and carpentry work on this project.

Partners
Owner: DRW Real Estate
Architect: Antunovich Associates
Architect: Nicolas Schuybroek Architects
Interiors: Marc Merckx Interiors

The Crown of The Robey Chicago